Today’s Homebirth episode:
Nicole is a mom of 4 and one in heaven, sharing her experience in homebirth, trauma, loss and the sweet redemption through her journey. Today she walks listeners through her childhood memories of witnessing homebirth of her siblings to then experiencing her own. We get to hear of preparing for birth 5 times, the hardships and joys.
Homebirth Tips to Listen for:
- A bit about how Nicole grew up
- Different husband/wife birth perspectives tips to get on the same page
- Preparing for birth: midwifery care, emergency postpartum hospital care
- Seeing God’s faithfulness through the ups and downs
- Going through a miscarriage with God’s grace
- Not allowing one story define the rest of our opportunities and experiencing God’s redemption
- Reading books, preparing with pain free birth creating a worship playlist
- Overcoming trauma to prepare for another home birth
- Our first birth memories and changes in culture witnessing birth
- Power in words and prayer
Links & Resources for Homebirth
- Nicole’s IG
- Christ-Centered Childbirth
- Supernatural ChildBirth
- Pain Free Birth IG account
- First 40 Days
- FB group: Christian Homebirth Assisted/Unassisted
Need More SALT In Your Life?
You know I love to connect with you! Snap a screenshot and tag me @heavenlytreasureliving on Instagram as you’re listening to this week’s episode. And remember to hashtag #thesaltpodcast, that way I can share your screenshot on my story too!
One more goodie! Want to connect with our community? Come join Women’s Essential Wellness FB group
Subscribe And Review The Podcast
Want to stay up-to-date on the latest episodes and strategies? Subscribe in iTunes and you’ll be the first to know when new episodes drop.
If you want to be featured on the show as a reviewer of the week, I’d be super blessed to hear from you. Click here to leave a review.
In addition to the awesome podcast available to everyone, The Salt Podcast is offering exclusive content just for you!
- Guest-provided gifts
- Uncut hidden gems & Extra content
- Special E-mail notifications
- Ask Me Anything Episodes
- And more to come!
Blessings and excited to have you here!
Previous Episode: 10: Epic Backpacking with Julian Varela