Today’s Backpacking episode:
Julian was born Reno, NV raised by a Colombian family who planted the seed of his love for travel, athletics, and culture. He currently lives in Miami, FL. where he studied sports medicine at FIU and is an athletic trainer. From this episode you will hear about his love to rock climb and travel and now married to Wilney Arias for 2 years. Julian is still in search of a life mission and has a passion for helping the environment in some way, to leave Earth better before he dies.
This is. PART ONE of a 3-hour recording going through his Epic Backpacking Adventure!
Backpacking Tips to Listen for:
Part 1 – The spark, the plan, the prep
- How Julian and I were raised that got us into travel
- Reminiscing on a few of our favorite memories
- Julians athleticism, career, and travels leading up to his epic backpacking adventure
- How Julian got into rock climbing and readings that sparked his planning
- He begins planning his trip around his baseball off seasons
- Packing and preparation tips from the pros
- The next step: buying the ticket, getting over procrastinating because of the uncertainty
- Exploring the deeper meaning of the trip he was planning and embarking
- Beginning the first part of his backpacking trip and people he met from the start
- His take on hostels on meeting new people
- One of the website we mention WOOF
- Part 2 will pickup from how he discovered how to get to Macchu Picchu and the beginning of his stories through Colombia, Patagonia, and more!
- Pink Premium Access Only
- Pink Premium Access Only
Links & Resources
- IG: https://instagram.com/jvarela86
- Vagabonding by Rolf Potts https://g.co/kgs/xMyQb9
- Alex Honnold 60 minutes https://youtu.be/SR1jwwagtaQ
- WOOF: https://wwoof.net/
Need More SALT In Your Life?
You know I love to connect with you! Snap a screenshot and tag me @heavenlytreasureliving on Instagram as you’re listening to this week’s episode. And remember to hashtag #thesaltpodcast, that way I can share your screenshot on my story too!
One more goodie! Want to connect with our community? Come join Women’s Essential Wellness FB group
Subscribe And Review The Podcast
Want to stay up-to-date on the latest episodes and strategies? Subscribe in iTunes and you’ll be the first to know when new episodes drop.
If you want to be featured on the show as a reviewer of the week, I’d be super blessed to hear from you. Click here to leave a review.
In addition to the awesome podcast available to everyone, The Salt Podcast is offering exclusive content just for you!
- Guest-provided gifts
- Uncut hidden gems & Extra content
- Special E-mail notifications
- Ask Me Anything Episodes
- And more to come!
Blessings and excited to have you here!
Previous Episode: 09: Conscious Parenting Coaching with Barby