Whipped Body Butter with Essential Oils !
Beyond thankful for everyone who has published their attempts at this homemade goodness! Seriously, without all those posts on tips for this whipped body butter, I would not have even made the attempt! So here’s my own whipped body butter with some amazing essential oils from Young Living.
Velvety, moisturizing, multi use, awesomeness!
If I could share some with you through here I totally would, sorry! Ok for real it was a little intimidating because these ingredients aren’t that easy to come by where we live. So I wanted to get it right the first time.
It’s actually really easy!
Here’s what I gathered:
~1 cup Coconut Oil
~1/2 cup Shea butter
~1 tablespoon Grapeseed oil
~10 drops of Young Living Lavender essential oil
~10 drops of Young Living Ylang Ylang essential oil
Pretty much the Coconut oil and Shea butter are what matters, and I’ve seen others who have used coconut butter and sweet almond oil. I didn’t have these on hand, may try next time!
What did I Do?
1. In a double boiler melt down Shea butter and coconut oil together, then also add grapeseed oil
2. Let cool in a fridge til it’s almost hard again.
3. Add the essential oils of your preference.
4. Whip it up for 5-10 minutes until it’s nice and fluffy!
Yes it’s a bit messy. And what?…melting just to cool again..? It makes sense though, once you see it’s the easiest way to get the oils to blend well and whip beautifully. The essential oils bring an extra nourishing touch for your skin as well as a beautiful aroma to the mix!
Store it in a glass container best. I’m not sure how long it will keep, but at the rate I’m using it I won’t need to find out!
Let me know how your whipped body butter came out?!?
Here’s the Shea butter we used:
Latest posts by Jenny Pena (see all)
- Birthing with Heart book release! My 2 chapters - January 13, 2021
- 5 Simple Ways How to Create More Love for You and Baby: foot reflexology - January 4, 2021
- 3 tips to RESET RIGHT NOW! - December 9, 2020