This whole blog idea was given to us because of Jasmin and our Father almighty’s faithfulness!
in memory of her birth day, here is the short version of that wonderful day. You can read the full story here if you haven’t already!
- conceived last week of February
- monthly prenatal visits with our midiwfe Sheila
- 32 weeks started Birthing From Within with Linda Wilson
- 36 weeks
–Weds: Jasmin turned from breech proper position
–Thurs: home visit with Sheila and Anjali, could not feel her position
–Friday: first ultrasound, Jasmin is indeed in position and why find out she is a she…also we mourn the death of my grandmother by celebrating life
–Sunday: jasmins babyshower
–Monday: we purchase everything missing from the babyshower
–Tuesday: mom helps me fix up everything we bought
-Wednesday night was our penultimate Birthing From Within class
- 37th week
–5:30am: i wake up to use the bathroom, i lay back down only to feel a pop and think Jasmin is on my bladder and I wet myself, sit back on toilet only to feel an endless fountain–water has broken!
–5:30-5:45: pacing living room, sitting on toilet every few minutes for bowel movements, endless waves of contractions, trying to text midwife, Rudy deciding whether to go to work or stay.
–5:45-5:50: sit back on toilet and call Sheila: she stays on the phone with me to see how I’m doing… says to call her back in 30 mins, try to lay down.
–5:50-6:30: cant leave toilet, no patterns, can’t lay down, Rudy making me smoothies, making jokes, praying with me, leaves to change music
-6:30am: I feel her crowning suddenly and call for Rudy to catch her. Jasmin is born within seconds!
- 7ish midwife arrives to clean us, birth placenta and work her magic…we are in birth bliss…
There you have it friends. And how is our Lord’s faithfulness shown in this experience? He spared me from hours of labor pains. He allowed me to birth in the comfort of my home. I experienced no complications. Jasmin is perfectly healthy. My husband and I had an intimate experience with each other and our Lord. He is sooo awesome!
For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. (Psalms 139:13, 14 KJV)
- – Jasmin’s Birth Story
- Bible verses for strength during pregnancy and labor <3
- Our Prenatal Care
- Essential Oils for Pregnancy, Birth and Postpartum
Latest posts by Jenny Pena (see all)
- Homeschool Mama Journey Part 2: worldschool, unschool class of 2019/20 with 3 littles! - August 28, 2020
- Fun Watercolor Idea with Children! Cactus, Name + Video - August 17, 2020
- 2 DIYS Plus August Exclusive Freebie! - August 12, 2020