Bentonite Clay Mud Mask with Essential Oils
Sun damage, stress, toxins, etc, have worn on my face! Having a Facialist for a mother makes me really conscious of the condition of my skin. After some tips and motivation I finally made a bentonite clay mud mask with essential oils!
After raiding my husbands stash, I found the ingredients I needed and decided to add my own favorite essential oil, Frankincense. You are welcome to keep it simple by only using the clay and water, its just as potent and still leaves your face feeling fresh.
Ingredients and how to
- 1 teaspoon of Bentonite Clay
- 1 teaspoon of water
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1-2 drops of essential oils(optional): I used Frankincense in this recipe, other options are lavender, patchouli, myrrh, or your favorite oil for skin!
You’re going to be looking for a think pasty consistency, not watery or runny!
Only use glass or wood, as bentonite will pull metals.
It is best to powder in the clay into the water, not just dumping it, to avoid clumping. play with the water to clay ratio until you get the right consistency.
Mother knows best
Which step in your skincare routine does the mask come in?
So I asked my mother this question, my Facialist expert. Consuelo says, first cleanse, then exfoliate, then MASK, finally rinse and moisturize. We will go into this a bit further in another post. Or see our Young Living Beauty Workshop
Consuelo also recommends to only apply the mud mask once a week. More than once a week can cause dryness in your skin by removing too much of your natural oil. She also recommends to use a scrub for exfoliation 2-3 times a week maximum.
There you have it!
Hey did you know…?
…Christ healed a man of blindness with clay?!?
When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay. John9:6
Latest posts by Jenny Pena (see all)
- How I met your father: incredible 9 year marriage testimony - February 26, 2021
- Sourdough-scapades: starting a sourdough love life aka newbie bread baker - February 19, 2021
- The truth about you, sister, according to THE MOST HIGH! - February 11, 2021