This one is By my husband, Mr. Pena
This is a great piece of daily bread.
Extremely nutritious and filling. Quite yummy and oh so healthy. I found a template for this gluten-free recipe online and modified it to my liking. It works great, tastes delicious, and really fills me up. I can just about skip a meal and just eat this dense bread instead with a nice cup of green tea or some coffee (with coconut milk).
This lovely gluten free loaf came about out of necessity…
…to feed my desire for cake and breads and overall fluffy food withdrawals. I get tremendous back pain when I eat wheat, dairy, corn, and gluten in general. Now I am seeing that it very possibly due to the fact that these “foods” are some of the most modified (GMO) and processed foods available.
Voila! poof! this bread is the bomb diggidty no doubt – full of protein, carbs, fiber rich, and nutritionally sound – Who could ask for anything more!
Coconut flour, coconut milk, coconut flakes , coconut oil, ( I lika coconut) garbanzo bean flour , walnuts, raisins, cinnamon, ginger, honey, date syrup, brown sugar, chia seeds, sesame seeds, baking soda, baking powder, apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 2-3 cups coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup date syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chia (mixed with coconut milk to thicken)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup cinnamon powder
- 1/4-1/2 cup ginger powder
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts
- Stir it up, get some elbow into it until its nice and thick and smooth – it will be like a thick cookie dough – it won’t taste very good because the garbanzo bean flour needs to be cooked (raw it has a bitter taste)
- I taste it anyways to try to check for sweetness and salt.
- Bake at 200C for 45-60mins (depends on your oven)
Updated to add this video video showing how we make this bread!
Latest posts by Jenny Pena (see all)
- Homeschool Mama Journey Part 2: worldschool, unschool class of 2019/20 with 3 littles! - August 28, 2020
- Fun Watercolor Idea with Children! Cactus, Name + Video - August 17, 2020
- 2 DIYS Plus August Exclusive Freebie! - August 12, 2020