Watercoloring has become an amazing pastime in our household these past few months!
I have been sharing about it on my IG and even created a Story Highlights of a few of our watercolor painting seshes!
Ana Victoria has been a great inspiration, she has Skillshare and Domestica classes (both free or paid), and an amazing IG account… highly recommend you follow her.
Our Short YouTube “Tutorial”
Follow these steps for an easy start:
1. Finding inspirational artwork: Unless you are super creative and can come up with original ideas, search in IG or Pinterest for watercolor painting that inspire you.
2. I encourage my children to setup the table with all the supplies. The paints, water, brushes, paper and washy tape.
3. My 7 year old mostly can setup the washy tape on her own, while my 4 year old wants to do it on his own, he still needs help.
4. Depending on the artwork you choose, you may need to outline some of the image for them; This is especially true for my 4 year old!
5. Now that you are all setup, let them PAINT AWAY!
If you are using this activity to get some quiet time then just let them free paint. In this specific painting session, I was teaching them to blend colors, trace, and how to use the washy tape, so I was more involved.
Above all, have fun, enjoy, disconnect from screens for a bit, and get creative! Be sure to subscribe to be notified when new posts are published…comment what you are going to paint!