Last Updated on August 22, 2020 by Jenny Pena
Being a mom…
Nooooo it is not an easy thing! I do love it, most of the time, but no it is not easy being a mom!
From the day Jas was born it was a challenge!
Jas especially, because she was colicky, needy, and everything was so new to me! I do see now how much each easier I had it having only one child, having family so close by all the time. More comforts available to us in that area we used to live!
Life with 2
Then Noah was born, we moved halfway across the world, away from everything we new! At least in Panama, we were amongst the same Latino culture, we were a closer flight to our family either in Miami or Colombia, and HECK we were on the same time zone half the year!
Noah brought us many joys: a baby brother for Jasmin, a crazier louder personality than Jasmin. They have so much fun together!
The struggle is real. As in, being a stay-at-home mom, and working from home AND homeschooling Jasmin AND keeping those house in shape.
I can’t complain too much though, I am soooo grateful for all that we have. It just doesn’t make the mental, sanity, emotional, rollercoaster of motherhood disappear completely.
So yes they drive me crazy. Yes I lose my cool…A LOT! Yes I get tired of hearing myself just as much as they do!
How do I do it?
- Wake up Prayerful: Not just a quick something-you-always-pray, no, call upon The Most High to SAVE you!
- See how long you can go just being SILENT! This works for me because I am so not a morning person, so being silent helps to not add to my morning mug! Doesn’t mean they are silent, just means I am not scolding anyone first thing in the morning!
- Vent with your girlfriends NOT your husbands! Unless you have a super awesome husband, then vent away!
- COFFEE! ’nuff said
- ok ok but seriously, do Read Scripture: here are some good ones!
- Eat well, exercise, use natural remedies like herbs and essential oils!
For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise [is] health.
In your patience possess ye your souls.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of The Most High in Christ concerning you.
5 and 2 year olds
I know this is only for a season. All will change, so I am being more mindful to love on them while I can and really enjoy these times of our lives right now!
Hope you are able to do the same…most of the time! Blessings!