Six years anniversary!
Thanks for reading and celebrating our anniversary with us! Here’s a little snippet of our story and insight to making a marriage work!
When we met
Sitting in an insect class, known as entomology, I had to choose someone to share a textbook with since mine hadn’t arrived yet. I remembered the guy sitting a few seats behind me who always spoke up in class. Those were the kinds of students I appreciated, they helped me learn better. So I asked him if it was alright I sat next to him.
Good thing I had dropped out of my linguistics masters, had a super life change, gone away from all the crazy life I knew, had a redo and rebirth, found myself in The Most High, and decided to get a horticulture certification– turned out at the same college he was taking for teacher certification credits…
So when I met this man, we were both ready for each other. And now we celebrate 6 year anniversary!
Not a perfect marriage
Marriage hasn’t been perfect in no way. Coming out of crazy relationships, we both knew we had a real good shot at making it work and enjoy life together! Being pregnant with Jas so shortly after being married was super rough on Our young relationship, postpartum life was a terrible rough patch as well.
Thankfully we have made it through and have grown sooo much more together! We are super best friends and truly inseparable! I mean seriously, not many women can say their husband was the ONlY person present during Both babies births, and he caught them both!
Not bragging, just saying…we’re pretty much bonded for life
I asked Mr. P what His thoughts on our 6 years so far and he says:
We are Grateful for:
1. Both seeking The Most High and being on the same page on our beliefs
2. Holding onto scripture to guide our actions and our individual roles in our marriage.
3. Jealousy, cheating don’t even cross his mind because he knows The Most High did a strong work in me so he knows I won’t bend to those actions.
Things we Need to work on or do more:
- Need to spend more time in the word individually and together.
- Be more of service, projects as a family to help others
I’ve given these to you already but these are mighty mighty help!
- ThePeacefulwife.com and book The Peaceful Wife by April Cassidy
- The Excellent Wife
- Dani Johnson
- Read your bibles!
- Join Christian mom FB groups like WonderMom
praying for many many more wedding anniversary celebrations!