Most people think I’m the one behind all our lifestyle choices, truth is…it’s my husband! He’s the one teaching me every day, from essential oils, to proper veggie eating…he is the one behind it all!
So here is my husband’s homemade mud toothpaste concoction!
It’s not your usual paste, but it works amazingly. We’ve been using it on and off for a couple years now. I say on and off because when we were in Panama it was tough getting some of the ingredients so we had to use the next best thing.
Here goes my husbands blogging about his homemade mud toothpaste
I Maka my Owna Tootha Paysta (*Italian chef accent*)
- French Green Clay
- Coconut Oil
- Ginger Powder
- Baking Soda
- Herbal Tooth Powder
- optional: Thieves, peppermint or spearmint essential oils
- First- Decide How much toothpaste you want to make –
- Second-Then measure out half of that in french clay and put it in a glass bowl
- Third – Add in the ginger powder, baking soda, herbal tooth powder – add as much or as little as you like here –
- Fourth- Then slowly add the coconut oil a table spoon at a time – mixing as you go – This should be a careful process because of the way french clay absorbs liquids and begins to become a thick porridge-like substance. Your end product should be a bit soupy and not so thick – as the days go by it will begin to dry up more and more so you can leave it a bit on the wet and watery side –
After your brush your teeth with it you can also use it as a rinse as well.
Proverbs 25 Confidence in an unfaithful man in time of trouble is like a broken tooth, and a foot out of joint.
Latest posts by Jenny Pena (see all)
- Homeschool Mama Journey Part 2: worldschool, unschool class of 2019/20 with 3 littles! - August 28, 2020
- Fun Watercolor Idea with Children! Cactus, Name + Video - August 17, 2020
- 2 DIYS Plus August Exclusive Freebie! - August 12, 2020