WE got together with a few friends for a DIY playdough playdate! Messy, colorful, educational, sensory, playyy!
DIY Playdough Playdate
OK so we are always doing DIY gatherings and having fun but it is mostly mama DIY stuff. So this time we made it just for the children to enjoy! Some people just have a good personality to guide children in hands on activities…that’s not me! BUUUT I do have some experience from my Waldorf and Montessori days, so it was fun getting dirty with the littles!
Picking a Playdough Recipe to follow
We loooove YOUNG LIVING! And essential oils in everything is a must! I had been wanting to make this recipe with other mamas and children for a while; we finally had the opportunity woohoo!
DIY Playdough with Young Living Essential Oils! #DIYwithYL
-Mix flour, salt, cream of tartar, oil, and water in a medium saucepan.
-Stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until play dough has reach the right consistency.
-Let cool, split into balls for colors, and knead in essential oils and optional food coloring
until it is distributed evenly throughout each ball of play dough.
-Store in airtight container.
- Definitely have the children wear clothes you don’t mind them getting dirty or maybe stained?
- let the children know what we are doing so they know the rules, what to expect, and how they will each participate
- make sure they have something else to do while the moms work on the stove part
- a little food dye goes a long wayyyyyy!
- only need a drop or two of essential oils, don’t use hot oils!
- get the best oils! Quality matters visit heavenlytreasure.net/gestarted and get $20 spending credit tooo woot woot!
Latest posts by Jenny Pena (see all)
- Hold on to these Promises, Let go of worry - March 12, 2020
- Wellness arsenal, what has kept our immune system strong living in China and abroad - March 3, 2020
- A Ruby is born, our expat home birth - October 22, 2019