Matthew 6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
It can be quite overwhelming to figure out what in the world to eat in this day and age!
More and more messages are coming through to eat organic, non processed, whole foods, non gmo, vegetarian, raw vegan, dairy free, soy free….ahhhh!
John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Yes it is overwhelming, it is difficult, it can be pricey…figuring out a way to eat clean can be done!
As we speak to people about their health and eating right, finance is of course always a hindrance. So we say change the simple things first, the things that will actually SAVE you money instead.
Like, giving up soda and unnatural juices and just drinking more water. Now yes I know if you really want to drink the right water we can talk about that too…but remember, simple steps!
Another example is buying more fruits and veggies instead of processed foods. The money that you will spend on cereals and breads buy more bananas and carrots. Make smoothies and dip carrots in hummus! Yum
Don’t go grocery shopping on a hungry stomach!
This is totally true. Make a list of what you need already have meals in mind and go for it. Try not to get sidetracked, stick to the plan.
As you make these little changes, your body will thank you for it.
As you get used to these simple steps you can look into the bigger ones. Like replacing dairy, staying away from soy and corn products and how to know what is GMO.
Then you can start changing you bath and body products, your cleaning products and air fresheners and all.
Remember, once you decide that you are making those changes, it will all come in time, no need to rush into everything. I mean, unless you have the money, time and energy, if so then by all means throw everything out and replace it all same day! We just don’t all have that privilege.
These things will come in time.
As I write this we have relocated and have had to compromise
- That’s right, we eat chicken more than we’ve had in years and even red meat
- we’ve had to use fragranced products
- Our laundry detergent is definitely not chemical free
- Our toilet paper is not made from recycled materials and is most likely fragranced
- We use regular dish washing soap I don’t even want to look at the ingredients
- I cook with olive oil instead if grape seed oil
- We have no idea where this honey is collected
- Sometimes we cook with butter
- I really have no idea if the produce we buy has been sprayed or what percentage of it is GMO.
It’s not the end of the world. We have to deal with certain changes since our move out of the States. There are pros and cons to being in a peaceful, simple life.
Don’t get caught up in it all and trust The Most High is guiding you and helping you along this journey and all will be well.
Keep in mind what is most important!
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. Ecclesiastes 12:13
So, if all else fails follow His dietary laws in Spirit and in Truth! You cannot go wrong then.
Latest posts by HeavenlyTreasure (see all)
- Born to be a mom, raising a mother! - February 12, 2018
- February, forget Valentine’s Day, let’s look at Purim! - February 3, 2018
- DIY Soap making fun - January 30, 2018